Frequently Asked Questions for Awardees
How do I ensure I receive my stipend payment?
Be sure to closely review the award letter/email you received about your NCUIRE award. It contains many details regarding paperwork you must complete prior to beginning work on your NCUIRE project. If you are not sure whether you have completed the right paperwork, contact Ms. Lynn Clinton-Van Patter (email: Lynn.VanPatter@asu.edu).
To receive your stipend payment, you must also complete progress and/or final reports by the deadlines specified in your award letter.
How do I know when I need to submit my progress and final reports?
Your award letter contains a table that specifies relevant deadlines.
I seem to have misplaced my award letter. How do I obtain a replacement copy?
Your faculty mentor was also provided a copy of the letter. Alternatively, feel free to email NCUIRE@asu.edu to obtain a replacement.
I'm an NCUIRE Scholar/Fellow. I understand my NCUIRE award includes up to $500 in supplies funds? How do I purchase items?
All purchases supported by the supplies budget must be essential to your project. Your faculty mentor will work with Jennifer Schulte (Jennifer.L.Schulte@asu.edu) to coordinate these purchases. $460 to include supplies, tax, shipping and handling plus $40 ASC.
I'd like to present results of my NCUIRE project at a conference, meeting, etc. Does NCUIRE provide funds for travel to present these results?
Currently, the NCUIRE program does not have funds to support travel; however, travel funds may be available from other sources, including ASU West Student Government. Visit http://asu.orgsync.com/org/usgw/Funding and click on "Professional Development Packet."
I'd like to present results of my project in a poster presentation at an upcoming conference/meeting. Will NCUIRE cover associated printing costs?
The supplies funds that accompanied your Scholar/Fellow award should be used to fund poster printing costs. Poster printing cost coverage should be coordinated with Jennifer Schulte (Jennifer.L.Schulte@asu.edu).
How do I print my poster?
- Your poster should be no larger than 36” x 56” (other poster sizes: 22” x 28” or 36” x 48”).
- Please leave a ½ inch border all around the poster with NO graphics or word text in this area.
- The cost of printing one poster per NCUIRE award (one per individual award or one per team award) up to $60 per academic year will be paid for through the NCUIRE program.
- A list of NCUIRE participants will be provided to Imageworx. When you pick up your poster, you will be given an invoice. Please turn this into Jennifer Schulte so she can process the payment for your poster.
- You must submit your poster for printing to ImageWorx. Ask for Nancy or Donna at 602-439-1267 if you have further questions.
- In order for ImageWorx to print your poster, your presentation at your desired poster size must be saved as a PDF file. You can either electronically send the file to them at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can bring your flash drive to their physical location (at 4231 W. Thunderbird Rd, southeast corner of 43rd Ave & Thunderbird) yourself if the file is too large to email.