Here are some tips and list of ASU resources that will come in handy when conducting your career search and/or contemplating a master’s degree:
- Prep your resume. It’s best to have a resume tailored for each specific job that you are applying for. Highlight the skills and education/experience required for that particular job posting in that individualized resume. Need help with your resume? Get some tips here for ASU Alumni: https://eoss.asu.edu/cs/alumni/ResumeWriting501
- Attend career mixers/fairs THIS summer and fall. Don’t put it off. Arizona State University will be part of a summer career mixer open for ASU, NAU and UofA recent graduates. Download the flyer: ASU Summer Mixer (Poster) (PDF)
- ASU Career Services offers a service called CareerLink. They post jobs that employers have submitted specifically for ASU. Go to the website at https://eoss.asu.edu/cs
- Attend this online webinar that will prepare you on the “how-to’s” in attending a career mixer and/or career fair. Here’s the link: http://asuevents.asu.edu/how-prepare-job-fair-or-mixer-online-webinar
- ASU Alumni will tell you “think Sun Devils first!” Log-in with your ASURITE-id and you have access to a job board posting supported by ASU Alumni. Here’s the link: http://alumni.asu.edu/news/blog/need-job-need-employee-think-sun-devils-first
- Enroll in a master’s degree program. Continue your education at Arizona State University. ASU New College offers four master degree programs: Communication Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Psychology and Social Justice & Human Rights.
Remember, searching for a job is a full-time job in itself! Use all the tools and resources you have as ASU Alumni and happy hunting!